Mariano’s Fresh Market is about to expand its footprint in the Chicagoland area in a major way.
According to Crain’s, the grocery store’s parent company Roundy’s Inc., has agreed to purchase 11 Dominick’s stores that are scheduled to close within the month.
The affected stores include:
- Park Ridge: 1900 S. Cumberland Ave.
- Western Springs: No. 14 Garden Market Street
- Chicago: 3145 S. Ashland Ave.
- Chicago: 2021 W. Chicago Ave.
- Northfield: 1822 Willow Rd.
- Westchester: 3020 S. Wolf Rd.
- Buffalo Grove: 450 Half Day Rd.
- Chicago: 5201 N. Sheridan Rd.
- Gurnee: 6655 Grand Ave.
- Aurora: 3025 E. New York St.
- Shorewood: 950 Brook Forest Ave.
Dominick’s parent company decided early this year to pull its 72 stores out of the Chicago market because of poor sales, a decision that could lead to the layoffs of 5,600 people.
Jewel-Osco has agreed to buy four stores.
Any unsold stores will close by Dec. 28.