Ear Hustle

“Boy, 4, found Dead in Manhattan Bathtub ‘was Burned and Beaten by Transgender Babysitter”

Myles Dobson


A four-year-old boy found dead in a Manhattan  bathtub on Wednesday suffered excruciating torture at the hands of his  babysitter for weeks after his dad left, she allegedly told police.

Myles Dobson was covered with bruises and  burns over his arms, legs and genitals when he was found unconscious in Janaie  Jones’ apartment at the The Ritz Plaza in  Midtown.

The 37-year-old told authorities that she was  trying to discipline the young boy after she assumed care of the boy on December  18 when his father, Okee Wade, 37, was sent to jail.



‘I was giving him corporal punishment,’  Jones, a transgender performer who uses the name Kryzie King, allegedly admitted  to police, DNAinfo reported. ‘I was trying to control  him.’

She allegedly admitted to  police that, from December 28, she beat the boy with belts and hangers, burned  him and locked him alone inside the bathroom for hours in an attempt to control  his behavior.


Other sources told the news site that Jones  rarely took the boy outside and beat him when he asked to go to  McDonald’s.



She told police that she left Dobson alone in  the bathroom on Wednesday and heard a ‘thud’ and when she went inside, she saw  him unconscious in the bathtub, police said.

She claimed she had set the boy on a ledge in  the bathroom of the eleventh floor apartment before leaving the room  momentarily.

Police responded to a 911 call at The Ritz  Plaza apartment building at 235 West 48th Street and found the boy unconscious  and unresponsive.

He was taken to Roosevelt Hospital where he  was pronounced dead, police said.



Jones was taken to the Midtown North Precinct  stationhouse, where she  allegedly admitted that she had abused the boy in  recent weeks. She is expected to be charged.

The medical examiner is expected to conduct  an autopsy Thursday morning, and charges will be filed after that.

NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton said Myles had  to endure ‘horrific injuries over a period of days’ as he spoke at a press  conference on Thursday.

Jones looked after the boy after his father  was arrested on a warrant for missing a court appearance in New Jersey on fraud  charges, DNAinfo reported.

It was not immediately clear where the mother  was, but according to the New York Daily News, she had lost  custody.

The Administration of Children’s Services is  also investigating, and isn’t allowed to divulge whether the family has a  record.

Sources told NBC New York that the babysitter  doesn’t have a history of child abuse or neglect






Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

To Top