17-Year Old Dies Of A Stroke After “Love Bite” From His Girlfriend

Julio Macias Gonzalez, a 17-year-old from Mexico City, raised alarm among his family when he began convulsing at the dinner table.

It is thought his girlfriend gave him a hickey earlier that evening which caused a blood clot that travelled to the teen’s brain.

Paramedics were called to the scene but Julio could not be saved and died shortly after.

It is believed the suction from the love bite was the cause of the clot which travelled to his brain, triggering a stroke.


Photo Credit: Tumblr

The young man’s family are blaming his 24-year-old girlfriend for his death but she has now disappeared.

It is not the first time a love bite has been believed to have triggered a reaction.

In 2011 a 44-year-old woman in New Zealand lost movement in her left arm after having a stroke.

On noticing a faded love bite, doctors quickly realized damage to a major artery in her neck and linked it to her paralysis.

Dr Teddy Wu, who treated the woman at Auckland’s Middlemore Hospital, said: “To my knowledge, it’s the first time someone has been hospitalised by a hickey.”

Love bites or hickeys are caused by a person sucking on an area of another person’s skin, more commonly the neck.

The suction causes blood vessels under the skin to burst which causes bruising that can last up to two weeks.

Apart from the dangers of blood clots and fatal strokes, hickeys can cause swelling which can be treated with an ice-pack.

Often people hide the bruises under make-up, scarfs or polo neck sweaters.

Source: The Sun

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

To Top