Ear Hustle

Suspect in Hannah Graham Case Caught In Texas

Suspect in Hannah Graham Case Caught In Texas


Jesse Matthew, wanted in the case of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, is in custody, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said Wednesday. Matthew, who was found in Galveston, Texas, had been sought on suspicion of abduction with the intent to defile. Lawyer for suspect in Hannah Graham case mum He’s his lawyer. And he was hired on Saturday.

That was all James Camblos, an attorney for the only known suspect in the disappearance of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, would tell reporters Wednesday.  “I am Mr. Matthew’s attorney,” he said about Jesse Matthew.

“I was hired on Saturday. That’s the only thing that I’m going to confirm at this point. The family and I — nobody is making any statements at this point in time. We might later on, but right now we are not,” said Camblos, who spoke outside his office in Charlottesville, Virginia.

His comments came just one day after authorities obtained an arrest warrant for his client, who is wanted on suspicion of abduction with the intent to defile.

Police said they believe Matthew was the last person with Graham. She was last seen September 13 in an area of Charlottesville known as the Downtown Mall. Investigators have been looking for her since, and in an increasingly large area.

They are circulating a wanted poster for the 32-year-old Matthew, who is also wanted on suspicion of two counts of reckless driving.

“We’re asking for a broader community search with property owners,” Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo told CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360,” in an interview to air Wednesday night.

Specifically, he said he wants property owners of large parcels in surrounding counties to search their land and report back.

Authorities have previously searched Matthew’s apartment and car. Although they have declined to discuss the specifics of what might have been found, potential evidence was sent to a lab for analysis.

According to Longo, Matthew willingly went to a police station over the weekend, when there was no warrant for his arrest.  He asked for a lawyer. They spoke and then left, Longo said.

Camblos confirmed that he was the attorney who met with Matthew at the police station.  “I’m not telling you anything else at this point,” he said.

Authorities are offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the safe return of Graham, 18, a second-year student at the University of Virginia.



Source:  Ketnbc.com

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

To Top