Ear Hustle

Police: Second Victim In Decatur Georgia Kidnapping Dies Baby Delivered

Police: Second Victim In Decatur Georgia Kidnapping Dies Baby Delivered

DECATUR, Ga. — A second victim of a Decatur kidnapping has died, authorities said.

Family members say Jeronta Brown and his fiancee Briana Brooks were kidnapped early Saturday morning and found just a few hours later handcuffed and shot in the head.

Brown died on Saturday. Brooks, who was seven months pregnant with the couple’s second child, was placed on life support. Doctors were able to deliver her child, a girl, by C-section.

On Thursday, Atlanta police confirmed that Brooks had died, according to Officer John Chafee.

Family members said the couple took their 8-month-old baby and 14-year-old niece out to get some food on Saturday. When they got back to their Decatur home on Colleen Court, several men jumped them.

The children were able to get away, but Brown and Brooks were put in the back of a van.

Brown’s aunt Myesha says the men tried to get inside the house before leaving.

“The guys walked up, started ringing on the doorbell, beating on the door, yelling ‘FBI, FBI,'” said Myesha Brown.

Instead of opening the door, Myesha Brown said the couple called 911. Brown says a family member got a call shortly after the kidnappers took off, demanding $150,000.

By daybreak, a driver 17 miles away in Northwest Atlanta, had spotted Brooks and Brown lying in the street. Brown was dead and Brooks was transported to the hospital.

A Dekalb County police spokesperson says they called in three off-duty detectives to help with the case and had already contacted Atlanta police before the couple was found. Detectives believe the couple was targeted and knew the men who abducted them.  So far no suspects have been named.


Source:  llalive.com




Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

To Top