Chicago Police has one man in custody in relation to the shooting at a downtown McDonald’s on Friday, January 19, 2017. Apparently there had been an unwanted guest in the restaurant when he got onto a dispute with another man.
Read more ad reported by the Chicago Tribune:
A concealed carry holder at a Loop McDonald’s fired a shot at a man who put up a fight when he was asked to leave the restaurant, authorities said.
The shot was fired at a McDonald’s, 34 E. Adams St., about 5:10 p.m.
Police were called to the restaurant after the concealed carry holder, a 35-year-old man, got into a dispute with the man who had been asked to leave, according to a police media notification.
The two got into a struggle, during which the 35-year-old dropped a canister of pepper spray and the other man picked it up, police said. The concealed carry holder fired one shot at the other man, but no one was hit, according to police.
Soon after the incident, officers caught the man who had been asked to leave, and charges were pending, police said.
Not long after the shooting, the McDonald’s was empty except for a dozen officers securing the scene and a few employees standing behind the counter.
The inner front door was cracked, as though a bullet or other something else had gone through it.
People gathered outside expressed their disappointment at the restaurant’s closing.
“I wanted fries,” said one man who identified himself as a vegetarian.
Police said they could not immediately confirm whether the man who fired the shot was an employee at the restaurant.
Source: Chicago Tribune