Ear Hustle

New York Father Admits To Strangling And Burying His 2 Month Old Son Because He Did Not Stop Crying

Jose Feliciano

Photo Credit: Google

A Bronx man told cops that he strangled his 2-month-old son because the infant was crying and then buried the baby’s body in a shallow grave upstate with the help of the boy’s mother, authorities said Sunday.

Surveillance video shows accused baby killer Jose Feliciano casually carrying a red duffel bag to his car after the murder, putting it in the trunk and then driving off — and cops believe his son’s body was in the satchel, according to the building’s super, quoting police.

The handyman, Fito Zuniga, 46, said that whenever he would ask Feliciano how his newborn was doing, the suspect would only gripe about how the baby “is always crying” and say, “I can never sleep.”

“The guy is a piece of garbage. Don’t bring a child into the world if you don’t want to take care of them,” the super said.

Feliciano, 51, told cops that he was in the bedroom of the family’s Morris Park home with the child’s mother, Danielle Whyte, 31, when they heard their son, Mason, crying in the living room around 7 p.m. Dec. 10, police said.

When the dad couldn’t get the boy to stop crying, he first pressed a pillow to the baby’s face, cops said. The infant continued crying, so Feliciano wrapped his hands around the child’s tiny throat and choked him to within an inch of his life, police said.

When Whyte heard the commotion, she walked into the room to find her son barely breathing, the man told police. The infant soon died.

Feliciano threatened to kill the mother if she called police, cops said.

Video from a surveillance camera outside the couple’s building later that night shows Feliciano driving off with what investigators believe is the baby’s body in the trunk, said the super, who talked to police.

Two days later, Feliciano and the child’s mother drove more than 50 miles to upstate Putnam County, where they rented a room at the Heidi’s Inn motel off Route 22 in Brewster.

The couple then walked deep into a wooded area in nearby Dover, where they dug a shallow grave and covered Mason’s body with dirt, police said.

Their efforts to cover up their horrible deed began to unravel when the guilt-stricken mother attempted suicide Thursday by overdosing on pills.

She was rushed to New York Presbyterian Hospital, where she confessed to doctors what she and her boyfriend had done, authorities said.

The doctors alerted police the next day, and cops found Mason’s body buried in the woods Saturday around 3 p.m.

Feliciano was taken into custody and charged Sunday with several counts of murder and manslaughter.

He was awaiting arraignment.

Whyte is still at the hospital undergoing a psychiatric evaluation.

Source: New York Post

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

To Top