Ear Hustle

Marsha Perry Allegedly Hits 5-Year Old With Her Truck; Hides In A Dirt Covered Hole To Prevent Capture

A Washington woman was arrested after allegedly striking a five-year-old boy with her truck before hiding from officers by crawling into a hole and covering herself with dirt.

The scent of Marsha Yumi Perry, 36, was tracked through a field by a Washougal police dog on Friday, who stopped within five feet of the hole she was hiding in, according to police.

After Officer Kyle Day, who could not see her, warned he was about to unleash the dog, ‘the ground moved, and she sat up,’ Washougal Sgt. Geoff Reijonen told Oregon Live.

Police said the boy suffered a cut to his face as well as scrapes to his knees and elbows, and he was taken to PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver.

Marsha Yumi Perry (above), 36, was arrested on Friday on accusations of felony hit-and-run, driving with a suspended license and on a misdemeanor warrant after she allegedly struck a five-year-old boy with her car

Following the incident, Perry was taken into custody on accusations of felony hit-and-run, driving with a suspended license and on a misdemeanor warrant, and was taken to Clark County Jail. Parents of the victim also sought the legal help of a truck accident lawyer for such a heartbreaking disaster.

On Friday, authorities were called after the boy rode a tricycle out of a driveway when he was hit by a car around 6pm.

Witnesses told police Perry tried to drive off but when she was unable to she got out of her Ford pickup truck and walked toward Washougal River Road, according to Oregon Live.

Police dog, Ranger, was able to track her scent near the shallow hole she was hiding in before she gave herself up after warnings to reveal herself before the dog was unleashed, Reijonen said.

Authorities said at the time of the incident, Perry had a misdemeanor warrant out for her arrest

Previously, she was arrested in Oregon in November 2014 on accusations of identity theft, being in possession of methamphetamine and providing false information to police, according to Oregon Live. The case is still pending and she pleaded not guilty.

Following Friday’s incident, police do not believe drugs or alcohol were involved and the investigation is ongoing.

Source:Daily Mail

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

To Top