Man Punches His Girlfriend In The Face After She Said “No” To His Marriage Proposal

Andrei pavel

Photo Credit: Facebook

According to New York Post,  A man turned up at his girlfriend’s work to pop the question and punched her in the face when she said no.

Andrei Pavel left Andrea Nagy with “significant injuries” in the horror attack after splashing out on an engagement ring and a bunch of flowers.

Following his arrest, Pavel, who has no previous convictions, told police officers he was upset by the rejection.

Now he has been banned from contacting Nagy for a year after pleading guilty to assault by beating.

North Staffordshire Justice Center heard that Pavel and Nagy had been in an “intense” relationship for three months and had moved in together before hitting a rocky patch.

But Pavel was keen to get things back on track and turned up at Nagy’s workplace on July 21 to propose.

Prosecutor Ruth Bentley said: “She described the relationship as intense. She moved in with him after two months but the relationship broke down and they split up.”

“Since that time he had been contacting her via texts. He did not want the relationship to end. He was trying to get it back on track, and even purchased a ring and asked her to marry him.”

“She was handed a note at work, which said the defendant wanted to speak to her. She met the defendant who was waiting outside with a bunch of flowers.”

The court heard Pavel proposed to Nagy but she said no.

Bentley added: “He punched her to the face, knocking her to the floor for a matter of seconds. She was left with an injury to her face.”

The court heard that Nagy said she was scared of the defendant and described him as jealous and controlling.

Attorney Andrew Bennett said it was a single punch and added Pavel now accepts there is no future in the relationship.

Magistrates sentenced Pavel to a 12-month community order with a 30-day rehabilitation activity requirement and 150 hours unpaid work. He was ordered to pay $257 compensation, $174 costs and an $110 surcharge.

And he was made the subject of a 12-month restraining order which prevents him having any contact with his victim.

Chairman of the bench, Philip Taylor said: “This assault was serious. It was in a domestic violence context. The injuries sustained were significant. You went to her place of work.”

“She made it clear to you she was not interested in any further relationship or union with you. It was an unprovoked attack by you

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

To Top