Breaking News

Man Found Dead In Kohl’s Bathroom Of Possible Drug Overdose; Police Are Investigating

Police say a patron found a man in his 30s unresponsive in a bathroom around 8:45 p.m. at the store at 2200 Harlem Ave.

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 7.51.08 AM

photo credit: NBC screenshot

The 36-year-old was located inside a stall in the second-floor bathroom and was pronounced dead at the scene, authorities said.

Video surveillance cameras showed he entered the bathroom around 8:15 p.m. Hypodermic needles and a small plastic bag containing a white powdery substance were found inside the man’s pants pocket, police said. A soda can with a charred top and lighter were also found nearby.

“We are cooperating with the authorities leading the investigation,” Kohl’s said in a statement.

The cause of death was not immediately known, though police said an initial investigation points to a drug overdose. Autopsy results were pending.

Source: NBC Chicago
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

To Top