Ear Hustle

Dog Dies After Allegedly Being Left In Petco Heating Cage Too Long Per Owner

Allison Marks left her 2-year-old golden retriever, Colby, at a Petco store Friday for what she thought would be a routine grooming. When she called to ask about him, though, she was told to go to a nearby animal hospital. There she learned Colby had passed away.

Marks was told by the veterinarian that Colby had likely suffered a heat stroke after being left in a heated cage to dry.

“It sickens me that they could just let something like this happen,” she said. “How could he not suffer? He was in a cage for God knows how long.”

Marks said the vet explained to her that Colby’s temperature was more than 105 degrees one hour after his death.


Source:  Abc7chicago

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

To Top