Ear Hustle

Consumer Alert: E-Cigarette Exploded Like A Grenade Causing Massive Injuries To A Man’s Legs

A smoker who switched to e-cigarettes for health reasons has described the horrific moment the device ‘nearly blew his legs off’.

David Aspinall’s e-cigarette left him fighting for his life, after it overheated and exploded – showering his limbs with metal.

The 48-year-old, from Wigan, nearly lost his flat in the blaze that followed – and spent nine days in hospital recovering from the ordeal.

David Aspinall's e-cigarette overheated and exploded - showering his limbs with shards of metal

David Aspinall’s e-cigarette overheated and exploded – showering his limbs with shards of metal

The 48-year-old said the device overheated and exploded before sparking a fire which nearly cost him his flat

The 48-year-old said the device overheated and exploded before sparking a fire which nearly cost him his flat

He said he suffered a huge hole in one leg and a gash in the other. He spent nine days in hospital recovering

He said he suffered a huge hole in one leg and a gash in the other. He spent nine days in hospital recovering

He claims that medics likened his injuries to bullet wounds – and says he is lucky to be alive.

Mr Aspinall, who may need three years of skin grafts to recover, told The Sun: ‘It glowed and burned in my hand. I dropped it and it exploded.

‘There was lots of blood, a huge hole in one leg and a gash in the other.’

‘It could have blown my head off,’ he added. ‘The surgeon said it was like someone had used a gun.’

Source: Daily Mail

3 Comments

3 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

To Top