In the report, police said Rice and his fiancée “struck each other with their hands” but that no injuries were reported. Both were released with summons to appear in court, according to police.
On Sunday night, a Ravens spokesman said the team spoke with Rice and that he and his fiancée returned home together after being detained.
Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said Monday that neither he nor coach John Harbaugh has spoken to Rice, although he claimed they likely will do so in the next day.
“I don’t know the situation,” Newsome said. “I’ve only gotten what has been written. I’ve not had a chance to talk to Ray. I really don’t know the situation. Up until I get all the answers, then that’s when we make decisions within this organization.”
Newsome did say that he expects Rice to remain with the Ravens in 2014.
“When I left my office 20 minutes [ago] and John had been in there 15 minutes before then, Ray Rice was still a big part of what we plan to do in 2014,” Newsome said.
Rice, 27, signed a five-year, $35 million deal with the Ravens before the 2012 season. He is coming off his worst season with the team, rushing for only 660 yards and averaging a career-low 3.1 yards per carry.