Hacker group Anonymous is back at it again, pledging to take on Donald Trump.
“Dear Donald Trump, we have been watching you for a long time, and what we see is deeply disturbing,” an Anonymous representative said in a video posted to YouTube earlier this month.
The statement is followed by a series of well-known clips showing the Republican frontrunner acting like a buffoon such as insulting Fox host Megyn Kelly, mocking a reporter with a disability, alluding to how sexy his own daughter is, etc.
Anonymous follows that with a “call to arms” inviting anyone with a computer to spread the word online and participate in “Operation Trump,” with activists and participants asked to use the hashtag”#OpTrump” in their posts. The video ends with a message inviting “everyone to target” trumpchicago.com, a website for the candidate’s luxury hotel, on April 1.
The video is hosted on a different YouTube channel than some previous releases from Anonymous — so it’s difficult to say how “official” the clip is. That said, a well-known Anonymous account on Twitter — @YourAnonNews — has regularly tweeted anti-Trump messages since the clip was posted.
“Your inconsistent and hateful campaign has not only shocked the United States of America — you have shocked the entire planet with your appalling actions and ideals,” the new video says. “You say what your current audience wants to hear, but in reality you don’t stand for anything except for your personal greed and power. This is a call to arms.”
Anonymous previously declared war on Trump in December. It seems not to have slowed his momentum, but maybe second time’s the charm?