• $1.5 billion reduction to Health and Family Services budget, including elimination of Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation facilities.
• Division of alcohol and substance abuse – $27.5 million reduction
• Division of mental health — $82 million reduction
• Elimination of Best Buddies, Project Autism, Arc of Illinois, Homeless youth services, Immigration Integration Services, Illinois Welcoming centers
• $23 million reduction to Early Intervention Program
• $19 million reduction from 2015
$100 billion savings over 30 years in payments
$25 billion immediate reduction in unfunded liability.
$2.2 billion in savings from pension payments in this budget.
•$400 million reduction system wide
•More than 30 percent cut to all public universities over 2015.
•Illinois Board of Higher Education general funds cut by 50 percent
•Illinois Board of Higher Ed grants eliminated.
• Illinois Math and Science Academy reduced by nearly 8 percent.
• Ceasefire funding cut from $4.7 million to $1.9 million
• Elimination of funding for bullying prevention, meth pilot program, South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force
• Eliminates services for young adults ages 18-21
•$700 million reduction in budget for group health
•Reduces from 8 percent to 4 percent the share of income tax provided to local governments. $600 million reduction.
$127 million reduction in RTA subsidy, which could affect the CTA, Metra and Pace.
Source: Chicago Suntimes